Monday, November 7, 2011

Inhale this moment deep into my lungs

Today is a beautiful fall day. I love fall. I think it's the most beautiful season. The colors change, the weather shifts to necessitate warmer, comfy clothing, and it's just peaceful.

I've been sitting in my apartment with the windows to the living room open (even though it makes it super chilly- that's what my cup of Earl Grey (best tea ever, btw) and hoodie are for), to enjoy the rain while I simultaneously blast some Sixx A.M., and paint. I am not particularly artistic, but it's so cathartic. It's one of my joys. So I paint.

Anyway, this is one of those times I can just breathe in, breathe out, and just enjoy the moment. So. Good.

Truthfully, I've been a little cranky lately. (me, cranky? Never... I mean... yeah...) I've been burnt out and without a lot of patience. I've been extremely agitated. And even though I just feel like a brat throughout it, God continues to spoil me. Or maybe He just knew this weak kid needed a break for her sanity.  In any case, I'm feeling much more at peace than I have. I can't say that it's going to last- God knows maintaining peace of heart is one of my struggles, but hopefully it'll be enough to restore my pitiful patience tank at least a bit ;)

Enjoy the day. Find a little beauty in it. Breathe in deep.

No comments:

Post a Comment